Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Starting a Deck Restore

jackevans

I acquired this AC B110 several years ago in a trade. It ran and the mowing deck worked when I got it but soon after it quit running. I didn't need it at the time so I pushed it into the barn and left it. I finally got curious about exactly how old it was so I started looking around on the internet to see if I could find any info. This is how I found this site. After learning all the interesting stuff about these tractors I decided to try and restore it. Since I don't have any mechanical or shop skills I will have to learn some or "contract" out some of the work. I will probably pick the brains of the members here since there seems to be a wealth of knowledge and skill here. I am starting on the deck first. It is in fair shape but has one area that is rusted through. I am tearing it down and will have the holes patched and then rebuild and paint. I have a question. All the pictures of decks that I have seen on the forums and at the SimpleTractors site appear to made in one piece. As you can see in these pictures (I hope) this deck has a bolt on front piece. Is this something different or have I just not seen this particular deck? Also I have looked but cannot find any parts list or manuals for the deck. Any directions on how to find?

Will post some pictures of the tractor soon.

It is a allis 3 piece bolt together deck. It wasn`t original to a B 110 but I believe they came with the B 1`s. The simplicity number for your deck if it is a 42" deck is 990190 and you can download a manual at the link below. Just type the number in that I gave you. http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/techpubsearch.php#start

I have a bolt together deck from a simp 700. The spindles and bearings are the same as many other decks. You should have no problem finding the internal parts of the spindle assembly. I have rebuilt about nine spindles. I dissassembled them in order and wrote down the sequence, so that when I reassembled, I would get them in the correct order. The manual will help out alot. I got my parts from Sandy Lake equipment, a site sponser. Good luck, and welcome to the site!!!JH

Thanks to everyone for the help and encouragement. The $10 for membership is a good investment and like all good investments its paying interest.