Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

stepped up to the "S" class

ehertzfeld

Well I got my first Sovereign this weekend. This was a free bee. Rob_B traded it for some work in his garage to a buddy. It sat for over a year in pieces. I inquired about it and seeing it was given to him, he couldn't take any money from me! Rob and I are looking to get him a snow blower for him to pay him back. He was just going to use it to clear snow. Anyhow, I put it all together yesterday and mowed with it today! The 12hp works great! I do how ever need to adjust the carb some more, but it got the lawn mowed. This will be my primary mower. I need to adapt the vac to it. It being a variable, and my vac running of the right side of the tractor, I need to make some sort of pulley set up to cross the rear of the tractor. There is just not enough room for the belt to run. Another project on the growing list!:( Here are a few pictures right after I mowed.

I have in the works the "stuff" to fill that ugly hole on the left side!:D

Elon

quote:
Originally posted by firefoxz1
where's the Hydro lift? Free still ain't bad.
That is the "hole" I was talking about. Elon

Nice looking tractor.Cant beat the price neither.Are you going to put hydro lift onit or just change the side panel and leave it hand lift?Tony

Thats gona look real nice with a set of ags and some wheel weights!! Very nice tractor are you going to restore it? I would :D:D:D I haven't seen to many of that model all done up !!

humm I have a complete hydro lift soon to be for sale. came out of a B-212....unless you have one sittin on the shelf.

quote:
Originally posted by tanman722001
Nice looking tractor.Cant beat the price neither.Are you going to put hydro lift onit or just change the side panel and leave it hand lift?Tony
Planning on putting the hydro in it.

quote:
Originally posted by FastPaul
Thats gona look real nice with a set of ags and some wheel weights!! Very nice tractor are you going to restore it? I would :D:D:D I haven't seen to many of that model all done up !!
This is going to be my mower, so AGs wouldn't be the best. But I do agree.:D At some point I'll do paint it, but right now, I'm gunna run it as is.

I like my B112 for cutting my lawn, that's the sister machine to the 3012. I've got a 3012 in the garage which needs a BGB repair... Only problem with this class machine is that when I run the vacuum, the 300421 12hp briggs can't go more than 2nd gear. It doesn't help that I am so busy, my large lawn ends up getting too long. You picked up one of my favorite tractors. Good luck and congrats on your new toy.

quote:
Originally posted by michaelg221
repair... Only problem with this class machine is that when I run the vacuum, the 300421 12hp briggs can't go more than 2nd gear.
I always mow in 2nd gear anyway. Elon

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
Where are the running boards? Sovereigns need running boards. :D:D8D;)
It looks like he took them off. The running boards are those pieces of sheetmetal that cover the belt on the mower deck.

quote:
Where are the running boards? Sovereigns need running boards. :D:D8D;)
Running boards are not welcomed on this property!!!!!:D}:):o)

quote:
Originally posted by ehertzfeld
[quote]Running boards are not welcomed on this property!!!!!:D}:):o)
When did you remove the running boards from Melanie's Puller?:D:D

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ehertzfeld
[quote]Running boards are not welcomed on this property!!!!!:D}:):o)
When did you remove the running boards from Melanie's Puller?:D:D
Ok you got me:D That one got special permission! But that is the only one. Even my diesel/loader on the 3310v frame, wont have running boards.:D Elon