Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Killer_A-C

COOL OPTION!!!!!

Killer_A-C
How many of these do you see laying around. Tooks these pics at Berryville,VA yesterday. Gentelman said he gave $35 for it and it was "NOS". I would gave him at least $40 for it8D8D8D,Matt [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/Killer_A-C/MVC-001F.JPG[/img]

In my view, it's a collectors item. Even if six people in this forum can show they actually use this, it's still a collectors item, of course in my opinion. It is a portable 540 PTO to interface to some other tool; the only tool I'm aware of at this time is a wood cutting saw, which from the pictures is quite dangerous. Still, if I got one for $35 I'd buy it. I wouldn't pay much more than that. $100 for something I don't use would only be at the end of my collecting... i.e. the last implement I don't need. Loaders, trenchers, forklifts, all rare and are costly collectors items... at least you can still use them. If I were to start selling a 540PTO I didn't need, I'd agree with starting at $100. Sure, there's always someone who wants that rare item and wants to have a complete collection.

PatRarick
There are many things that are powered by a 540 PTO, mainly agricultural items. Grain augers, bale elevators, feed grinders, grain cleaners, to name a few. There are also PTO generators that will run off of that PTO. I paid $75 for mine off of e-bay, three years ago. Pat