Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Leaf Shredding

JeffNemes

I was informed today by a very reliable source that the new Simplicity Atomic mulching blades, in conjuntion with the 38" or 44" mulching baffles without the leaf shredder knives, work phenomenally! Turned the leaves into dust! Quite impressive indeed. This particular feedback came from the use of a 16HP Broadmoor 44". So if you haven't finished up your leaves yet you may want to give them a try.

I also use them on my new simpliciy tractors when not vacuming and you are 100% correct indeed. I paid $49 for them and they are worth every penny. It sure does make for some nice mulch and its all the less to haul away. And for you who don't know what they are they almost look something like kids jacks but alot heaver made and they install on the mulching side plate where the discharge chute is. One real draw back is wet grass so when they say for leaves thats what they are intented for. Branden