Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sleeve Hitch

BradW

Hi, I know the sleeve hitch has been talked about before and the are diagrams on here to make them but I have nor the experience or parts to make one to fit my B-112, I was wondering if anyone here made them to fit these old garden tractors, I want one so I can use a Brinly-Hardy Plow,Disc Harrow,And a Cultivator. If anyone has one for sale or can make one to sell please reply,thank you for your time, -BradW

After looking at the pictures here I realize what I have is different. It has the clevis assembly like the hitch adapter shown but my setup has a solid lift rod that connects between the clevis and the sleeve hitch which is adjustable. It also comes with a sway bracket. I will scan and email Kent the drawings that come with the unit. Rob

Hi Brad, I have several of the sleeve hitches for items like the tiller and such. Is this what you are looking for or is it the one point hitch? The one point hitch mounts below the sleeve hitch on the tractor and has a rod that goes from it to the sleeve hitch to lift with. # for the one point assy. is 160055. I also have one of the one point hitches, new and complete. LMK Rob

Hi all, Rob the hitch that you have will work just fine. They are of a newer design but actually work better then the older ones. The adjustment rod lets a person adjust the hitch for the type of tractor and also the angle of the attacment that is to be used. They the hitch that you have are hard to come by and are of the highest quality "being" Simplicity made. Brad if you need one I would not wait to long as this is a really nice hitch. My friendly dealer had bought 8 of these from another "old" dealer that was closing his doors and they were all gone within 5 weeks not including the 2 that I purchased. Take care, >>->happyjack<-<<

Brad, You could take the drawing to a local welding shop and have one made. The drawing is from the B series attachments manual so it is the right one for your B-112. Tim

.[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/onepointhitchfront.jpg'][img src='http://www.simpletractors.com/onepointdrawing.jpg'][/a]

Don't really know Brad. I got two of them with a truck load of Simplicity stuff I got from a dealer that was going out of business. Hey happyjack, want to give us an idea as to their worth?? This, as I said, is a brand new unit with everything shown in the exploded drawing above and includes the drawing/owners guide. One thing I have found out is that you have to have the newer style of sleeve hitch for this unit to work. Rob

I paid what I felt was a fair price "but" I did get a deal (2 for one)since the owner is a close friend and mine were both brand new in the boxes also. I hate to suggest a price and put myself in the middle here. But I will say that my friendly dealer was selling them for $85.00 and and not one person that bought one felt that it was to much. I know thats alot of money "but" really sence Rob did ask I do feel my 2 for one price would be fair or close to it.It is a really nice setup and the only thing that needs to be done for the older tractors (if you don't have the newer tiller lift)is to take 2 heavy flat washers that you weld to the tiller lift assembly (cut a small area off the flat washers so that they can be welded to the rear tiller lift assembly) for the lift rod. By doing this you don't need the newer style tiller assembly or as Rob stated (sleeve hitch). Other then that they work "great". A person just has to look at the quility of work and all that comes with this and thats when the $$ comes into play. I do not feel this could be made at a welding shop the way Simplicity manufactured this one (I have done alot of fabricating)and I sure couldn't do it. Even the hitch pin is chrome plated and all of the others parts are either painted or plated to help prevent rust. I was told that Simplicity stopped making this assembly because of the cost to make them and I can see why. Best to all, >>->happyjack<-<<

I am still interested so tell me what you would like for it and I will pay you by check, thank you for your help, -BradW

Rob not a problem at all so no need to apologize but thanks just the same "OK" sorry if I gave U that impression not intended to. Take care >>->happyjack<-<<

Brad, Did you get my email?? LMK if you are interested please. happyjack, no problem, just wanted to make sure! Thanks Rob

I did get an e-mail from you, but for some reason I can't send any e-mail out.....hhhhmmmmmm.......Anyway, I am still interested so give me the information and everything else and we can strike a deal, please just reply on here since my e-mail is not working properly, thank you for your help. -Brad Wies