Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MarcS

Gotta love Simplicity!

MarcS
I am new to the club. I am 17 years old, and have experienced the quality Simplicity maintains since I was 12. My father used to work at a Simplicity dealership as a salesman. When I was 12, I decided I wanted to mow lawns for some extra money. I soon recieved so many jobs that I needed a tractor. My dad brought home a 1972 728 Broodmoor, and I laughed at it. I decided to give it a try, and was so impressed that I bought it for $420. (yes with my own money) I used that mower all summer without a problem, then prepped it for winter and used it
to snowblow out driveways. I used the mower for two years, and had a chance to buy a new 12.5 broodmoor, I jumped at the chance and paid cash. I sold my old mower to the city and they use it to pull a trailer around mainstreet to water flowers. Anyway, I have gained an excellent reputation for my lawnmowing services, and have to turn jobs down even. I have gotten into numerous arguments with people about why Simplicity is best. (I refer to John Deere as "Junk Deere"). Now this summer, I got a
different job, and I'm selling my new mower to pay for a truck. I recently aquired another old Broodmoor (717), and am sold on Simplicity forever. I have talked my neighbor and a teacher of mine into buying a new Broodmoor like mine, I should've sold them mine. It is nice to belong to a club that has so many people that agree with you on the same topics that I argue about with other people. I have had many people offer me $500 for my new Broodmoor, it is very frustrating to explain to a bunch of
ignoramaces why it is worth more than their worthless Murray's. Anyway, I just had to get that off of my chest, sorry for the long windedness.

Hi Marc, it was a pleasure to read your message for sure. If you don't sound like my own son I don't know who does. Yes I agree 110% plus with everything you said about the Simplictiy tractors and lets not forget the good ole AC's either. Sounds to me as though you knew from the get go what exactly you wanted and just went out and did it. Congrats on all of your success and its a pleasure haveing you aboard. We all here know about those green things that some people ride around with their noses up in the air on. And the save goes for the Murry's but some people just can't see daylight. Thanks for your Message and I know we all will look forward to your participation. Thanks jackl

My advice is to read the decussion letters,and laern as much as you can from this people, cuss there is a lot of smart ac/simplicity onwers out there, and enjoy the sunday night chat too. tp

Tragu
I have to say that I agree with you because I have a serf 525 wich is the smallest garden tractor made but it packs alot of punch . Its only 5 hp but it has no truble going up steep inclines without slipping. It also has a blower attachment that works like a charm. Doug