Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mwells

Hood bolts grips and pads

mwells
Does this look like the original wing nut for the 100-200 series Allis mowers???

This is the original grip for the B-series on up to the 900 series excluding the B-1. If you look close you can see the original imprint of the company.

Here are some foot pads we made for the B-series. We ordered the ultima/sunstar foot pad and cut them out from that.

Killer_A-C
Michael I have seen that style wingnut for the fuel door on the 100 series. There is a different style for the hood also. Nice job on the footpads. Your rod and lift bracket is in route to you. Thanks again,Matt

msiebern
This is great! Now if anyone can find a source for the white boot that went on the front PTO shafts on the early landlords. Thanks for doing the research and getting them made available.

HubbardRA
Mike, Try a bicycle shop. They use 1 inch handlebars, and those boots look just like the older style bike handgrips. In fact, I had a handgrip from one of my kid's old bikes on the front shaft of my 61 Wards at one time.

msiebern
quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
Mike, Try a bicycle shop. They use 1 inch handlebars, and those boots look just like the older style bike handgrips. In fact, I had a handgrip from one of my kid's old bikes on the front shaft of my 61 Wards at one time.
Thanks Rod. We have a small Schwinn (sp) shop in town. Will check with them and see if they have any "old school" type grips. Everything in the Wallyworlds and other dept stores wouldn't look very good on there.