Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
plastikosmd

right color, wrong make

plastikosmd
4000 watt, 240/120 volt alternator, never been used. was made for sears surb. tractors, i will adapt it to my allis. im a little concerned that there does not appear to be a breaker anywhere. i guess when i mount it will maybe run the outputs to a panel of some-sort. also a ground spike i would guess. anyway dont know the market value of these,gave 175$

plastikosmd
the pics regarding size dont do it justice, pretty large. also i have downloads of manuals..these are for this model, but i know others were setting up generators and maybe the manuals would be helpful? if so let me know scott

plastikosmd
send the paint! naw the yellow is a pretty good match to the CAT yellow of my current allis. in flipping through the manual, the one picture that i have with complete wire setup the tractor is parked outside of a house, power running into a subpanel in house then a breaker between that panel and main panel...phew. i guess that explains why there is no fuse/breakers on this unit. i guess i will make up a small panel and attach it to the mount that this will be on with breaker protection...say 15 amps each of the 120v plugs and 30 or so for the 240v output, or i wonder is there some sort of in-line breaker that i could set up..ponder scott

firefoxz1
Scott, I have this same generator (alternator). I got it free with a Sears GT18 (Not Craftsman) that was also free. I never had it attached yet, no mounting pieces. It is not new looking like yours but not bad. I would like a copy of that manual excpecially if it shows the mounting to a Suburban. Thanks.