Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor/Engine ID Help Briggs & Kohler

callwill

I have 2 engines I am likely going to sell but need to know what i am selling & what they likely fit. The first is a Briggs with the following stamping & no other id on it: MODEL TYPE CODE someone wrote in red marking paint 14hp 300421 012701 60021 on the shroud. Don't remember what it came out of, i am sure it needs some going through, turns, but stiffly. I think it was filled with kero and the plan was to rebuild it with my kids but that ain't gonna happen now. I also have a kohler K301 s/n E0051031 that came with a simp i bought from a guy that thought it would fit & it didn't. Has compression. Turns fine. Has carb & Starter gen. No idea what it came out of. can anyone ID for me the tractors these might be from? appox value?

william i went to the briggs website and put the model you gave into the owners manual search and it came back with no matchs are you sure you read it right ?

If those are the correct model and type numbers for the Briggs engine it is a 12 hp. They were used in the 3012, 3112, and 3212 tractors and probably the Allis equivalents. The code or serial numbers don't look right to me. They don't match the dating system used by Briggs at the time. http://www.simpletractors.com/parts/engine/sovereign.htm