Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Roy

Simple Pleasures

Roy
The right front wheel on my 7013S was been "floppy" ever since I acquired it. To fix it I replaced the inner wheel bearing (rollers fell out when removed from axle) and installed a new top bushing in the axle. To install the bushing I made a bushing driver on the lathe and used it to drive the top bushing to the bottom (now have two old bushings in the bottom) and install the top bushing I made. Installed a new inner wheel bearing cup and cone, reused the original grease seal, and outer bearing. Tractor steers much better now. :) The "simple pleasures" were using the lathe to make something I needed, using the tool I made, and fixing the floppy wheel problem. No biggie but enjoyable to me. Footnote on new bearings: Got the cone assembly with rollers and cup from Motion Industries (MI) for $11.56 including $1 tax. Cup was $5.78 and cone was $4.78. MI would have charged about 50% more if I hadn't looked up the prices on their web site first. Timken part numbers are: Cone LM11949; Cup LM11910. That's it,