Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
blackfarms1

pow'r max deck

blackfarms1
Has anyone ever tried putting roller/gauge wheels on the outside of these big decks to keep them from cutting uneven on hillsides or is this a case of the rear rollers needing replaced-mine are pretty worn. Thanks, Sean.

lboy1971
Sean, I have a 9020 that the previous owner added small wheels to the front corners of the deck. They look like they came from a front cut mower deck. He said he did it because his lawn was uneven with many dips and it kept the deck from plowing into the ground.

D-17_Dave
The rear rollers take a beating on these large decks. The outside rollers wear and allow the edge of the deck to mow uneven when you overlap. The correct fix is to replace the worn rollers and maybe the shaft as that will wear also after so many years. Even if the rollers are in good shape sometime on bad uneven ground the overlap will mow at a different height. This is compounded by the large width of the deck as the more area you cover width wise the more room for error the deck can have over uneven ground. Adding rollers is an option but I have found that if the rollers and the rest of the deck are maintained properly that most extra modifications are unneccessary.