Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

4040 or 9020

blackfarms1

Hey guys if you were to have one of each of these and they were equiped the same other and you had decided to only keep one which one would you sell and which one would you keep and why? Would the 4040 be worth more because it is older or would the 9020 be worth more because of the bigger engine and front axle? Thanks in advance, Sean.

I'd keep the 9020. My tractors are all workers, so I'd want to keep the most sturdy and powerful one. ;) Actually I'd keep them both. I always like to have a fall-back in case of a problem. That's just me. I live on 1/3 acre and only have 3 operable large-frame tractors with another in the works. Redundancy is my way of thinking.:D

I would keep them both but If it had a choice it would be the 9020 it is a little newer has larger engine ect......I have a 720 (9020) and a 4040 for parts

Hands down this answer would be the 9020 if you could only keep the one. But remember, there are always options like mini storage and such. I should add that I've noticed you looking for attachments and such for more flexablity. You'll find that while one tractor can do all you require, haveing a secound tractor to leave some less easy changed attachments on or dedicated to certain tasks is a deffinate plus.

Compromise, get a 4041. Big engine, newer than 4040. Heavy axle. Of course if you get emotionally tied to it and the other tractors you have and can't stand to sell any of them. Your solution; spend anaother $40,000 and build a nice big pole barn to put your babies in.

I would think the 9020 would be a more generally useful and easy to fit into places machine. I would love one of each myself..