Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Kenh

Pace MFG snowblower

Kenh
Was driving around the country today and spied an AC 712. The gentleman had about 40 lawn tractors setting around, mostly Deere. Anyway... He had a Pace MFG snowblower that looked like it would fit the 712. The blower model is 3401, if I read the tag correctly. It appered to have the correct mount and drive to run off the BVG PTO. Does anybody know anything about this blower? It needs some TLC but overall is in reasonable condition. I think it would only need some new idlers and bearings. All the sheet metal is in excellent condition. He wasn't around so I need to call to find out if in fact it would be for sale. Thanks in advance for the help!! Ken

HubbardRA
I would say that if you can get it for a decent price, then go for it. Of course, I am the oddball who hooked up a Sears Suburban snowblower to run on my AC716H. From your description it should either work directly or with a little modification. Hope yours works out better than mine, got mine working, then it took two more years before I got enough snow to try it out. Guess keeping the snow away can also be considered working.:D

Kenh
After the fact I should have drug it over the the 712, shoved it under to see just what things looked like. The front mount looked like it would hand on the deck mount. The reas had some sort of hook arangment but I not sure where it would attach to. You know what they say about hind site!! I'll try to call the guy on Saturday if I get time. He has some heavy duty shelving laying in a pile that I might be interested in if the price is right. I kind of like the "oddball" stuff myself. Taking two things that don't match and making them play togeather nicly can be fun and frustrating at the same time. Ken