Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Red but not a Sim

Boney

At the GOTO in NY a few summers back, I watch one of those digging a ditch about 4 feet deep. Looks like a very nice machine, if you want to pay the price to buy one.[:0] Elon

The UW Ag Research station in Hancock,WI has 1 (or 2?) I talked to a guy that works there and he said it's been a pain in the butt. Something about alot of repairs on the tranny. I can't remember for sure but he did say it was expensive. Once in a while I'll see it out cutting the grass with a big front mower, must be at least 60" cut.

This gave me some good ideas. A center hinged blade. Both sides back for a "V" blade like in the picture. Right side forward, left side back to move snow to the left. Opposite to move snow to right. Both sides sitting half way to make a straight blade. Individual hydraulic controls on each side. Might become an interesting project in the future, even for a large-frame tractor. I have a couple extra blades laying around.

quote:
Originally posted by Ronald Hribar
I think someone in club had a plow like that
I believe is was/is Maynard. I don't think his is adjustable. Rod, my boss has one of those blades on his pickup. We plow a very large gravel yard of one of our customers, he said that having the ability to adjust the plow in various ways was very handy. Elon