Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

'06 Line-up, 616 re-paint begins

TBOLT

Well the shiny new 720 and seeing all you guys restoration projects have inspired me to paint and fix up the 616. I have all the major sheet metal in the shop right now, starting to take each part off now to bead blast and paint. It's 95deg. so theres a lot of beer breaks. I'll post more pics as I get further along. I have all new decals, OEM Gas guage, stainless nuts and bolts. I will take any criticism or suggestions, feel free to post them. Here's my 616, 720, and 47hp.compact 4wd. Century. The 616 has its original paint but its dull and has a few fluid leaks. [img]/club2/attach/tbolt/06s.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/tbolt/07s.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/tbolt/11s.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/tbolt/14s.jpg[/img]

Nice fleet there. Really, really nice fleet there! What's that yellow machine in the background of the second photo down, to the left of the cinder blocks?

[img]/club2/attach/tbolt/hustlersuperz.jpg[/img] Yep, Hustler Super Z, 25HP. Kawasaki 52" cut. I like to hook the mowing deck up on the A/C every once in a while but these things cut grass so quick and nice its hard to use anything else.

Hello, Mr Tbolt, Please, could you tell me the width in inches of youre 616 and 720 model, including the rear tires ? The reason is that i like the size of youre tractor, and the look to, but i don't want to change my trailer if someday i buy one. Thanks a lot in advance Jean

quote:
Please, could you tell me the width in inches of youre 616 and 720 model, including the rear tires ? The reason is that i like the size of youre tractor, and the look to, but i don't want to change my trailer if someday i buy one.
Thanks for all the compliments, the ag tires are off-set so one way makes it narrower. If you can see in the pics, the 616 is set for the narrow position. This is the link for the specs. [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/models/700_series/720_specs.htm[/url]

[img]/club2/attach/tbolt/rep1.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/tbolt/rep2.jpg[/img] got sheet metal out of paint shop today, looks pretty good

I ordered all my decals then found them for less than half price elsewhere so I ordered those too. The cheaper set was more complete and more authentic, the expensive set looked like 720 decals with 616 wrote in . Has the big black stripe. Anyone need any hood decals or a dash decal I have extra ones that i will sell.

I don't know when the decals changed but they didn't make the 616 very long before going to the 620. My serial is 1851723 but I never looked at the serial on the on with the black stripe. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks Doug!!! starting to be as sweet as Sourwood Honey, eh!! Oh!!! You might be a redneck If you have tractor hoods on your couch, lol!!!

[img]/club2/attach/tbolt/6202.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/tbolt/6201.jpg[/img] Ran across this one today and had to have it. Man bought it new in 1976 and has kept it in his shop, just used it to cut grass.900 hrs. original rear tires. Purrs like a kitten. Rear pto never used

I have all 3 A/c's now which the man bought this in 1976 and the book they gave him with it is for a 720 so I guess sometime that year they changed numbers. In other words, I guess they are really the same machine. He paid 3300 for it new he said and the list price was 3800. He didnt have it advertised to sell, he owns a local welding shop and bought it new at the Allis/Simplicity dealer, now the Kubota dealership just up the road from him. The guy at the tractor dealership actually told me he had it in casual conversation and I went to his house/shop to see if it was for sale. He said yes he wanted to sell it and buy a zero turn and he wanted 3000.00 for it. I offered him 2500.00 and he refused but before I left we somehow met half way. Kinda steep I guess but all the ones I find are so darn far away to go to look at or buy.