Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
goatfarmer

12.5 GTH

SmilinSam
Its basically a 90's style broadmoor with a 12.5 Briggs V-twin vertical shaft engine. The one I had for junk two years ago had a bad hydro tranny. Had a hydro control lever on the dash. They do mow nice when working.

goatfarmer
Well,I bought it,pick it up Sunday.Got the tractor,a nice heavy looking cart,Craftsman spike aerator,and a Craftsman pull behind lawn sweeper for $200.00 The tractor has a great running Kohler,but it doesn't move. It's a 5 speed,not a hydro.Lady says it did the same last year,they got it fixed. This year it started slipping,fixed itself for a bit,then went out completely. Looking at it in their shed,belt seemed tight,clutch linkage was free,everything seemed to moved OK.Anything in these trannys I should look for? If nothing else,I have an Agco 1616 with a good hydro,that should retrofit nicely;)