Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

S/G Bracket Repair

Roy

When D-17 Dave was visiting he noticed the S/G bracket on my 7013S was cracked. So, I removed it, welded up the cracks, repainted, and reinstalled it. Note that it was cracked on both ends. I welded both sides of both cracks. Hopefully it is good to go for at least another 20 years. My thanks to Dave for finding the crack. One end:

Other end:

Installed:

That's all folks,

Hmmmm, the serial number on your cover is on the opposite side of the shroud than all Engines I have ever seen?

Must be a weak point :) in these ole tractors, I've had to weld 2 of mine, seems they should hold up more the 40 years:)

quote:
Originally posted by MrSteele
Hmmmm, the serial number on your cover is on the opposite side of the shroud than all Engines I have ever seen?
Both of my 13 hp engines are the same as Roy's.

"Now ya gotta paint the engine and S/G!" Gee Mike, then all the parts would be pretty and shiny. Don't know if I could stand that or not. Bracket does look good though. "I think that is pretty common for the brackets to crack." "Must be a weak point in these ole tractors, I've had to weld 2 of mine," "I have a broken one (or two) also." Hummm. Guess I'll have to look at the ones on my three FDT's since the cracked one was on a newer RBT. Thanks to all,