Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How different is a 3314H from a 2012?

John_RI

I'm lookiing at a Simplicity 3314H. I have a 725 & 2012 and am wondering if the attachments for these tractors will fit the 3314. I understand the 3314 has the same center PTO as the older tractors. Could anyone tell me if the snowblower and tiller that fit the 725 & 2012 will fit the 3314 without modification? Thanks, John

MY TWO CENTS: I'm no expert, but the snowblowers for the 725's and 2012's were all front mount PTO units, and I believe the newer tractors like yours were all mid- PTO units for snowblowers. Don't know about the tiller.

John, I believe that most of the attachments will fit the 3314. Blowers did use the front PTO, just the clutch type. A mid PTO will work as well. I believe they are better anyway. As far a the tillers, they will fit on the back, just mite need a different rear PTO set up. Elon

quote:
Originally posted by John_RI
I'm looking at a Simplicity 3314H. I have a 725 & 2012 and am wondering if the attachments for these tractors will fit the 3314. I understand the 3314 has the same center PTO as the older tractors. Could anyone tell me if the snowblower and tiller that fit the 725 & 2012 will fit the 3314 without modification? Thanks, John
To answer your question they will not work (right) with out some type of modification. The 3314 uses an engine mounted mechanical clutch and a different 2 v pulley hitch than the 2012 with the belt tensioner in the hitch for the blower. Also the driven pulley on the blower for the 3314 is a 7" pulley. The pulley on the blower for the 2012 is a 5" pulley. The blower from the 2012 can be used by changing the driven pulley. It can be run with the 5" pulley but the auger speed will be real fast. It will blow light snow a long way but will not have much power to blow the heavy stuff. The tiller on the 2012 used a 2 pulley 2 belt setup with the clutch on the front belt connected to the 2 pullet set up. The Tiller for the 3314 used a one belt setup with 2 idler pulleys one a v pulley and one a flat pulley with the clutch on the tiller. You might be able to use the tiller setup from the 2012 with a change in pulley size on the driven pulley on the tiller.