Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Homelite, Massey-Ferguson, and Montgomery-Wards???

Kent

We're starting to get traffic and members who own these "orphaned" garden tractors, some of which were also manufactured by Simplicity. Glutton for punishment that I am, I'd like to add cross-reference info on them also, so that these owners can also use other avenues to obtain information, parts, etc.

I have some late model X-ref info from Simplicity (for example, Simplicity-manufactured MF's are included in the current X-ref table, but I have nothing on the earlier Homelites and Montgomery-Wards. I'll ask Simplicity to see what they'll provide also.... Ironically, I understand it was a contract with Montgomery-Wards that started Simplicity in the garden tractor business....

Can anyone else help me gather this additional X-reference info? Thanks!!!!

Kent

I'd definitely be interested in helping in someway, however, I have no references, just own an orphan.

I believe the Wards Squire 7 was the same as the 725 except for paint. The Squire 9 was the 9 hp version of the Landlord, and the Squire 10 was the same as the 10 hp Landlord. This was the last and the next year Gilson built their tractors. I have some cross refference sheets I got from the factory on Homelite about ten years ago. I'll see what I can come up with soon. They were just typewritten from Simplicity Service, I don't believe they were copyrighted, I'll check.
Al