Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
tractor nut

L12 loader info

tractor nut
Hey guys, Just wanted to let you know that I just tried to mount a L12 on a HB112 that was originally on a B10. I knew that the rear mount was different so I fabricated one from the cad drawings that were sent to this website. That works fine the problem is that the LH and RH subframe is about 4" too short.Maybe that is old news to you guys but it surprised me that the wheelbase of a HB112 is also 4" longer than a B10 tractor. I guess a Longer subframe is required to mount up on a HB112? Any insight on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

ReedS
All of the later hydro and variables (fdt's & rbt's) had the longer wheelbase as opposed the standard 3spd. You are correct that a longer subframe is required. If my memory serves the rear mount is a sort of tube that goes through the large hole in the transmission mounting plates.

UCD
The L12 loader was basically the same loader but for the longer wheel base tractors. The Simplicity Front End Loader MFR #515 was the equivalent loader. The owners manual shows the two different mounting kits, MFR 510 for 12HP tractors (Long wheel base) and MFR 516 for 10HP tractors (short wheel base). It is also shows the installation parts and procedures, mounting sub-frames, and other details not shown in the equivalent Allis-Chalmers L-12 Loader Parts Manual. [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/operation/515_loader/front_loader_515.htm[/url]

Hello Tractor Nut, I've been collecting information about the B-Series Loader and trying to keep this updated. Let me know if this link helps: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=61640 Note: If you trace through that link, I've put links from DaddyCat, Kent and many others regarding the dimensions and instructions.