Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-112

BradW

Hi, I just bought an Allis-Chlamers B-112. The tractor has been sitting for at least 2 years. I cleaned out the carb, and bought a new battery. It turns over but doesn't do anything but puff air out the muffler. There is a spark in the spark plug but it doesn't ignight the gas. Does anyone have ideas? Thanks, William Jordan

Does the engine have any compression at all? Sounds like your valves might be stuck. I had that happen on a Wisconsin engine once. Condensation builds up for temperature changes. You might try some penitrating oil in the valve cover but you might want to pull the head to get the real story. BrianS

When I rebuilt the B-210 I had spark, but not a strong enough spark to make the engine run. Turned out that the key on the flywheel had partially sheared and the magnet was slightly out of time.

Thanks for the info. I really apriciate it! I took the head off today and the exhaust valve was seezed open. I put a little bit of trany fluid on it and tapped it abit and I got it to move. Thanks, William:0)