Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
pstraub

Categories of Attachements

pstraub
I apologize if this question is too newb, but I've been struggling to find the answer to this anywhere. My AC 720 has a Category 0 3 pt hitch. Is it possible to use any Category 1 attachements? Thanks! Peter Straub AC720

UCD
yes, in most cases. On the cat 1 attachments change the size of the pins to cat 0 and turn them in. If they are PTO driven you will need 2000 RPM attachments or find a 2000 RPM to 540 RPM adapter.

JP
I think if you search the forums, you'll find this topic comes up from time to time. The adaptors (2k to 540) take up a LOT of room behind the trans & usually need some 'customization' to function. Most seem to think they were made more for Stationary items like saws or elevators. There were some mfgr's that did make the 2k attachments. Deere, Haban & Snapper to name a few. JP

D-17_Dave
As JP mentioned, these addapters take up a considerible amount of room. You can "addapt" the cat-1 implements to attach but I think you'll find that most larger than cat-O implements will simply be to big and heavy for the Powermax sized tractors. Power output, week points in the rear pto, lift capacity and lift room all will play a part in useing the tractor as it should be. My advice from useing most of the ready made attachments made for these tractors is to find the attachments sized for your tractor and you'll greatly simplifie your life and be more satisfied with the results.