Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Grader Blade Questions

Roy

I'm thinking about making a grader blade and hitch. Plan to make the blade by splitting a dozer blade lengthwise courtesy of Rod H's suggestion. Have a couple of questions. I have two dozer blade hitches but one had been lengthened and other is for a Broadmoor so I need to know the OAL (overall length) of a Sovereign hitch. Also need to know the height and width for the grader blade. Better yet, does someone have drawings for the hitch and/or blade? Thanks,

Roy, From what I was told, the hitch for the grader blade is the same as the one for the snowplow blade, without the vertical piece for the rod attachment. If you remember back a few years, Dutch had one set up so that the rod attachment could be removed and it would fit underneath to attach a grader blade.

Larry, Thanks for the numbers. Rod, you are correct. Discovered I have three hitches instead of two. The third hitch is the correct one for a Sovereign dozer blade or mid-mount grader blade without the lift arm. I was able to confirm the correct length OAL from the length another member sent me. I'm in the process of making parts with my hitch as a sample to go from. New question: Now thinking about using my Brinly box scraper blade as the mid-mount blade. I need the distance from the top of an OEM blade to the hitch mounting holes in the blade. Also need the distance between the holes. More later,