Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Imacarguytoo

3416H Engine Problems

goatfarmer
I replaced the original 10HP Briggs in a 3410,with an 11HP Briggs from about 1988 vintage.Had to make a few mods,like raising the engine,and some minor wiring,but it was mostly a bolt in.

Imacarguytoo
Im sorry guys, but i need more info as to what to look for and so on. I know NOTHING of these engines. So i need some guidance on what will work as far as model numbers that will work, making sure it will bolt directly to the frame and to the driveshaft and so on. I dont want this to be a hack job, like having to cut the hood or anything like that. I dont care if its an iron block motor or a newer type block. Thanks

Imacarguytoo
I took the head off and all is well with it. The crank,rod,piston and rings are totally gone. The rod is in several pieces. The crank rod journal is really ate up. Im going to start looking for another motor and just sell the block and head,carb from this one. Anyone know what they are worth?