Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3416H Engine Problems

Imacarguytoo

I have a 1973 3416H. The motor blew up today, does anyone know what i can use to replace The motor with? Will any newer ones work? Thanks

I replaced the original 10HP Briggs in a 3410,with an 11HP Briggs from about 1988 vintage.Had to make a few mods,like raising the engine,and some minor wiring,but it was mostly a bolt in.

Im sorry guys, but i need more info as to what to look for and so on. I know NOTHING of these engines. So i need some guidance on what will work as far as model numbers that will work, making sure it will bolt directly to the frame and to the driveshaft and so on. I dont want this to be a hack job, like having to cut the hood or anything like that. I dont care if its an iron block motor or a newer type block. Thanks

Your best bet is to go to Edens Ltd. repowering,This is what they do.Should be a link on the home page of this site.

Do the valves open and close? Do you have head off so you can see piston? does it have a hole in it? Rebuild kits are available

I will take the head off this weekend and see whats up. Im really hoping it will be a simple fix. I really dont want to buy another motor.

I took the head off and all is well with it. The crank,rod,piston and rings are totally gone. The rod is in several pieces. The crank rod journal is really ate up. Im going to start looking for another motor and just sell the block and head,carb from this one. Anyone know what they are worth?