Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Loader

carbuff713

Weight of the loader is 250 lbs. Capacity is 400 lbs. Load that baby up with 400 lbs of rock or dirt and you have 650 lbs bouncing around on the front of your tractor without a subframe. If I needed a loader, I think I'd stick with the "old" style. Just my opinion......

That thing looks scary to operate. My L10 has the weight pretty well distributed to the mid and rear points of the tractor, with 100 lbs of wheel weight and a rear counterweight. It works well, but I still get nervous with heavy loads. That thing has about 70% of the weight on the front wheels! LOTS of counterweight, lots of excessive wear and tear on the machine.....

Though I must agree with the above comments, looking at what it's mounted on, be tough to design a real loader to fit around all the clutter on that tractor.

i dunno the factory loaders for the JD seem pretty resonable. used one at a flea market and it worked well. i think it would have been less time to just copy an OEM loader for these machines then come up with and build this concept..i guess unless this is an attempt at a "universal unit" to add to any machine. would hate to be going downhill and make a turn! scott