Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

371 Weed Eating

MPH

One of the weekends my boys were here they convinced me they had too see that "nasty Looking" machine in action so I robbed the hitch off the 36 inch snow blower, the V pulley off the 42 inch blower so I'd have two, made several trips to NAPA for the right length belt, put a pulley on the 725 and went out too play. Trip through the barley/hairy vetch out too the woods. Found the skids sink into wet soil too deep out here

playing in the moss and little spruce trees

stump of the biggest tree I chewed through

guess the only pictures of taking it too the clover field are movies :(. Got tangled up out there and threw the belt anyway, plus had the right side slipping, have yet to investigate the problem there.

I thought that I wanted some kind of front mounted cutting attachment This gives me a second option. Did the 371 have a problem in heavy grass when it is quite tall? The tree you must have had to push over to cut it off.

Didn't have to push the tree over Ron but did have to "take aim" at it so as to hit it on the long end of the blade swing, which is about 3 inches in front of the hood. Hmm, thinking about that fact now got me figuring maybe thats why it got choked up out in the clover, then again, maybe that was just because the right side belt started slipping cause of being loose from old age, won't judge it til I check it out too make sure everything is up too snuff. I was extremely surprised to find this machine Ray, almost tore the pocket off my jeans getting 50 bucks out.

Great pics of a awsome attachement. Marty if you dont mind me asking how do you wire up those lights on the 725 ? to battery or voltage regulator? Do you use a fuse ? Thanx for any comments.

Is that thing meant to cut down small saplings???I passed on a couple of opportunities to buy one of these and now i am starting to regret it. Weather it would cut the sapling or not i could use that thing in my own yard as well as my customers yards.

Don't remember who it was some years back on here, thinking about the second guy to score one of these "New to Us" attachments back then, showed pictures of him cutting down sapplings mustta been 10 foot tall. Still uncommon enough attachment I'd grab another if I happened upon one as I almost paid shipping for one from Ohio a couple years ago, but that was around 400 bucks if I recall right. Here's a couple shots I took when I first scored it, kinda shows the "business end of things.

Boney, my lights get power from the hot side of the starter button, no fuse involved:I