Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC B series hydro lift

Mat Perucci

Well I got a Hydro lift for my b112 and was wondering what i could do about a badly pitted ram its not something that can just be sanded off does anybody know where i can go to replace it?

The shaft finish is a very hard crome and sand paper would cause real damage. Find a hydraulic pump repair facility by you and maybe they can help.

that or a machine shop we make some hydro rams at work with chrome shaft but machining isn't cheap i think we charge $45.00 per hour plus the material

Here is a NOS factory original that I bought off ebay. I always doubted that these were chrome plated before I bought this one and they never were. That is the problem with them. You, could take yours to a chrome plating shop and they could fill in the pits with copper and then chrome plate it. But the originals were not plated. If you were to make one the overall length is 7.5" X .500" diammeter. One end is machined down to 7/16 diameter and it has a 7/16-20 thread it is all 7/8" to the step while the other end is 1/2-20 thread. It appears to be made from cold rolled steel.

Thank you for the ideas and the specs ill probably end up getting around to taking that ram out after I pull with it this weekend at the fair