Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Newly arrived

goatfarmer

Picked up this load yesterday.Lady said the tractor ran,but didn't move,had transmission problems.They were moving,didn't want to mess with it.

Got it home,put the belt back on the transmission pulley,and cut my grass!12.5 Kohler,5 speed trans.

Someone wasn't too proud of this brand of trailer,they painted over the Deere decals. Nice heavy steel dump trailer ,though.Also got an AgriFab lawn sweeper,and a Craftsman spike aerator.

Nice finds, so thats all that was the matter with the broadmoor? The 408 LTD my neighbor picked up mentioned he thought it had tranny problems some times it would go, sometimes it wouldn't. Climbed underneath to find the Idler pulley for the drive belt seized up.

Nice looking Simplicity, Kenny. It has from what ive seen, typical broken headlight lens... older neighbor has 2 like yours with the same broken lens.

Nice score!!! I have a Deere dump cart too and it is truly quite a bit sturdier and heavy duty than our preferred brand. But if you are shoveling anything out of it, the bolt heads will give you elbows, wrists and shoulders quite a beating.....i wrote up an expose on this several months ago with pictures if anyone is interested.

A little off the subject, but I saw a International Harvester (Cub Cadet?) trailer at a rummage sale last weekend. Built heavy and in good shape. Had the fenders on it. They wanted 75 bucks, which I didn't think was too bad considering the shape it was in. Around Warsaw, Indiana. I didn't have any way to get it home, and I've already got an Allis dump cart and a Craftsman one. Wife would've killed me!

quote:
smilin' sam sez..... I stood and watched a Decent but rusted #80 Deere cart bring $440 a couple of weeks ago locally at auction.
Wow,Sam,I was going to keep it,but maybe I should sell it,if they're bringing that much coin.That's over twice what I paid for everything!