Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
gwyoder

1998 Sunstar GTH

gwyoder
I found a 1998 Sunstar GTH with 720 hours and comes with two 48" decks, 3 sets of blades, wheel weights and chains for sale. Asking price is $2900. Tractor also has PS and front PTO. I'm trying to find a picture but can't seem to locate one. Thanks for any feed back on price and tractor.

roma3112
The sunstars are a nice machine, i have had/collected the sovereign class machines for the most part, and i was very familliar with them; just this past spring i purchased a sunstar and johnny bucket for about 1,300. The machine cosmetically was in rough shape but i went through the mechanicals and they were sound. Well I got the machine home stripped most of it appart, and i was impressed at how sturdy the thing was put together. I think your machine if in good shape you are probably in the ball park; heck offer the guy 3-500 less and see if he bites. Too bad you were not closer to Massachusetts I am looking for a sunstar mowere deck. good luck

Jason
Hi That sounds like a heck of a deal! I agree those Sunstars are a very nice tractor. I myself own an Agco Allis 1920H( which is the Sunstar in different colors) and love it. I use it all year round and she currently has 948 hours on her.You will not regret buying a Sunstar, I would buy it. Take Care Jason B

imlarry
I have a Sunstar from '87. Bought it new. Great machine. It's 48 inch deck cuts much nicer than my Legacy '97 with a 60 inch deck. I just finished refacing the Sunstar clutch. I was having some problems with the PTO engaging. The cluch face had a whole bunch of worn areas. Workin' great now. The only other major thing the Sunstar ever had (yeah, for those who hate the Kohlars) was a front oil seal. I replaced that in 2000 and haven't had a problem since. My Legacy 25hp has a front loader on it. Whooo hooo what alot of fun. Go for it, but try to get for around $2200. I think that would be a great deal.