Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1998 Sunstar GTH

gwyoder

I found a 1998 Sunstar GTH with 720 hours and comes with two 48" decks, 3 sets of blades, wheel weights and chains for sale. Asking price is $2900. Tractor also has PS and front PTO. I'm trying to find a picture but can't seem to locate one. Thanks for any feed back on price and tractor.

Google the words [sunstar gth]. I know at least one picture exists on Simpletractors. People around here seem to really like their Sunstars. Tacey

The sunstars are a nice machine, i have had/collected the sovereign class machines for the most part, and i was very familliar with them; just this past spring i purchased a sunstar and johnny bucket for about 1,300. The machine cosmetically was in rough shape but i went through the mechanicals and they were sound. Well I got the machine home stripped most of it appart, and i was impressed at how sturdy the thing was put together. I think your machine if in good shape you are probably in the ball park; heck offer the guy 3-500 less and see if he bites. Too bad you were not closer to Massachusetts I am looking for a sunstar mowere deck. good luck

Hi That sounds like a heck of a deal! I agree those Sunstars are a very nice tractor. I myself own an Agco Allis 1920H( which is the Sunstar in different colors) and love it. I use it all year round and she currently has 948 hours on her.You will not regret buying a Sunstar, I would buy it. Take Care Jason B

I have a Sunstar from '87. Bought it new. Great machine. It's 48 inch deck cuts much nicer than my Legacy '97 with a 60 inch deck. I just finished refacing the Sunstar clutch. I was having some problems with the PTO engaging. The cluch face had a whole bunch of worn areas. Workin' great now. The only other major thing the Sunstar ever had (yeah, for those who hate the Kohlars) was a front oil seal. I replaced that in 2000 and haven't had a problem since. My Legacy 25hp has a front loader on it. Whooo hooo what alot of fun. Go for it, but try to get for around $2200. I think that would be a great deal.