Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

Simplicity 7116 or Sunstar 20hp

Hi, I have owned 2 Simplicities and just about ready to purchase my third. But, before I do I have question. Currently, I own a 1989 7116 which runs really great, but I have a chance to buy a 1987 20 hp Sunstar. Is there any reason I shouldn't buy the Sunstar, I know Simplicity doesn't make the Sunstar any more and none of the accessories are available (or that is what Simplicity says). My 7116 runs great and I have all the accessories I need. I mainly use the tractor for snowblowing but could use a little more snow removal muscle. Can you give me some feed back with some possible reason(s) why I should or shouldn't buy the Sunstar. Please e-mail me at upnorth@ainop.com Thanks Brian

DoubleT
Brian, As far as know the attachments for the new Legacy tractors should work on the Sunstar. The only thing I have seen on the Sunstars is that with the enclosed (side covers) hood you must be diligent in keeping the engine clean out as they will overheat. The other thing is that the one I'm familar with did not have roller bearings (Timkin)in the front spindles, it had cheap conveyor style ball bearings. MS