Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Auction action

Scott Salmons

Went to a sale at an old AC dealership that was cleaning house. They now handle Kubota and New Holland as well as many other brands of implements. I was amazed at the prices that some things went for. I bought 2 vac blowers complete and one had the cart and all the accessories for less than $70. The blowers and cart are in good shape all though the canvas on top has seen better days and will need to replace the hoses. I also just because of the price bought an 8hp Giant Vac for the blower unit in the hopes of making an outfit that will handle the volume of the 60" Pow'r Max. On the other hand a good but used 42" "B" mower deck went for $135!! and a stack of "B" series manual went for $40. Also 2 vintage AC implement and machinery signs that were tin 48" x 96" in good condition went for $1450 each!!!

I remember the orriginal white letters off the West Allis factory that spelled out Allis-Chalmers went for around 5 grand on ebay a few years back.

There also was a newer pre deutz Allis Chalmers lighted aluminum framed sign that was 3' x 12', It went for $1300 I believe.