Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Auction in MN.

mark64

Just found this auction listing yesterday. Looks like there are over 300 garden tractors with, 54 Allis Chalmers alone. The Olivers will bring some real money I bet. You can find the auction listing at: http://www.gehlingauction.com/view.cfm?ID=194 I am going to take a vacation day and go to see what the tractors bring. If any club members are going to go, let me know and maybe we can hook up. I would love to see some of these tractors go to club members. Mark

Mark, My wifes Grandma lives in Spring Valley, in fact we were just there last weekend visiting her. I'll see if maybe we'll be going that way this weekend. I'm in Prior Lake, MN so it's about a 2 hour drive for me to get there. By reading the auction flyer it looks like they have a ton of attachments for sale. Might be able to snag a few deals... Jamie

Hello all-I'm new to this forum. I've been lurking for awhile now and thouroughly enjoy and appreciate the wealth of knowledge i've found in a very short time. I've actually been a member over on the green and yellow site for a long time and have been using and have restored a few Deeres in the past. My dad had an old Allis (611LTD i think)and I've been wanting to get an old Allis to use and restore for a long time now. I saw this post here and thought that it was strange. Why would someone post this here and tell more people about an auction they planned on going to, just to have more people go and inflate the prices of the tractors they were interested in? No offense to anyone-I know i'm just a rookie here, but just wanted to add my $.02. Thanks, Jeff.

Jeff, Is is not about getting a crowd to an auction. Rather it is about sharing useful information with other Club members who may find something they want or have been looking for. Whatever happens to prices at an auction is up to the buyers and how bad they want an item. I have found I gain more by helping others than trying to be selfish and keep information to myself. My thoughts on the subject.

Jeff I just wanted the club members in the area to know about the auction. My wife has been off work for over 3 months now so I don't have the funds for any new tractors, but I hope to be able to pick up a new attachment or two. We are a group that looks out for each other and try to keep as many tractors in the club as we can. Mark

I plan on making the Minnesota auction. Will be wearing orange Allis Chalmers cap, compliments of Sandy Lake Imp. Should be there about 10:00 tommorrow. StanD

I went to the Root River show back in July and saw many of the Oliver and Moline mowers and attachments then. Not AC stuff other than the Aniversary model there since it was a predominately Moline show. But I can say that most everything I saw was in excelent condition cept for the simplicity I saw. It was rather rusty compared to other tractors on display. But it may not have been the one listed in this auction. I can say I would love to have one of the Moline lawn tractors and the case with the FEL.

Made it back home a couple hours ago.:) Here are a couple overview pictures from the auction. I will post more pictures of what sold and what I bought in Show and Tell.

Parts, attachments and decks.

Allis Chalmers line.

Auction lasted about 7 hours. I picked up 2 B10's and a B112 from $30-70 ea. I wish I would have bought more.I would guess alot of these will be parted out. I would guess some of the buyers are members here. One guy I talked to bought 12 AC tractors. Mark

Thanks for the pictures Bruce. I got to the auction just before 10am and left around 5:30, and it was still going. Had a Blast! meeting and talking with club members and other great people. Wish I had gone to an auction like this when I first began collecting, the prices for many of the tractors were literally a steal. Hydolift tractors with for under 50.00. A nice B-112 tractor with newer tiller, tiller drive, original wheel weights, around 100.00. The best part for me was seeing a lot of friends again.

Holy Cow! Here is a link to some more pictures [url]http://www.weekendfreedommachines.com/gallery/Johns-Deere-and_Other_Equipment_Photos/EstateSale/[/url] . My freind sent me the link. I don't frequent that site 8D :D