Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mkienol

310 w/ snow thrower mfg by Haban Mfg, model 6004

mkienol
I recently brought back to St Louis a model 310 with a snow thrower, from north central Nebraska. Mower deck and thrower in great shape because of lack of snow and rain over the years. Seller(2nd owner) claims the thrower is what came with the tractor, but I can not figure out the undercarriage hitch. What I have is not the same as shown in the parts book for the 300 series tractors. Does anyone know what the model 6004 fits? or how difficult it will be to make 4? brackets to mount it and make it work? I intend to restore the unit, is there a source close by for used parts? I have a local Simplicity dealer, but he does not carry some of the parts I need. I understand now that the 300 and 400 series parts are rather limited from Simplicity. Why? Thank you for any help or suggestions. Mark

JeffNemes
Some parts will be difficult as they were built to AC particular specs. But this is the best place for support - thanks to Kent! Why does any engineer change to something different? It's thier job - to go where no man has gone before! Actually if you consider the Koher engine, electric PTO clutch, easy height adjust lever - these were some great features - and they are back in todays lineup. What goes around can come around - to stay? That is the question. Anyway - consider your parts quest a challange. Some MFGs can't even supply parts 5-10 years after production - or even the same year let alone 20-30+!

Les
You should read the history section of this site to enlighten you about the AC 300/400 series tractors. These machines were built in a separate plant from other AC/Simplicities and apparently contain a very high level of different parts. Also, they were only built for 2 years causing them to be rare. I have been told that the snowblower mounting is completely different from other AC/Simplicities. Haban made snowblowers for John Deere for many years. Like Jeff said, trying to find parts for any 30 year old tractor can be tough.