Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Kent

K321 governor problems (REPOSTED, CAN WE HELP?)

Kent
HELP just got my first AC a 312H that had a grenaded 12hp in it. Picked up a great
deal on a K321 for the extra power. I can't get it to run at full throttle, the governor keeps
pulling it down. I've synchronized the governor the way a manual I found at the local
library. The only thing is it must need a ring job, getting a lot of blow by through
breather, and seems to be really down on power. Does anyone know if the carbs
between the 14 and 12 hp engines are the same? I thought that might have something
to do with it. Also does anyone have a diagram of the brake system on the 312. I
found one at the library but it's wrong. It shows two rods to run the brake band (ones
for park brake) mine looks to only have 1 rod, can't tell its all missing thanks for the help

Fred
Dean,
Sorry no one has answered, I guess you stumped them! All I can suggest about the engine is set everything up by the book and see what happens. I have no specific knowledge of that tractor, though.
Fred

Al
You might try holding the carb open with your fingers, overriding the qovernor. Don't overrev it.
Next I would check the timing with a light.
If engine doesn't respond like it should, check muffler for restrictions. If engine is an oil burner look under the exhaust valve for excessive carbon build up. We have seen all of these things in our shop. Good luck if nnone of these help repost, we'll dig deeper.
Al

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Brian Shires
    • Snojetter
    • BLT
    • BryanJ
    • gwiseman
    • stew2YWP
    • MARK (LI)
  • Today's Birthdays

1. JoggerFogger
      JoggerFogger
      (49 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• Paul M.Murphy

Paul M.Murphy

Hello glad I got on this site. I hope to upload a couple of photos of my Simplicity Broadmoor 
      Model 707 Tractor. I have replaced all the belts on it and installed a new ignition switch.
      Have a mower deck which was in poor shape , repaced a couple of bushings and welded the
      deck where there was some holes. The tractor and mower deck came from a friend and the 
      mower deck metal was getting pretty thin. Some new metal was put in it and we also undercoated the underside of the deck. This was done by my friend Greg Toulman.
      I have not put the mower deck on the tractor yet, waiting for Greg to come home and give me a hand. Can you please tell me if there is a manual for the mower deck and where I could get one.
      I would also like to get some moon wheel discs as well.
      I will try and down load some photos of the tractor when my wife shows me how to. 
      I really love driving this tractor and also how well it is made compare today's tractors, especially the flexible rear end and the rollers.
      Tell the next time 
      Paul

· 8 replies
    • jbrooks

jbrooks  »  Talntedmrgreen

Josh

folowing  this from a link at the downloads.  I just rescued an AC 920 with the lambodini diesel. I can' t download  yet .  Where did you find the PDF copy you posted. . I would like to figure out how to adjust the injection pump. 
      I assume it's a bosche, correct
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts