Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Pushing topsoil

Mat Perucci

Chains and weights make a big differance in snow if you dont have weights use winter mix winsheild fluid. I think it takes about 8 gallons for each tire.

I always have alot more fun pushing the dirt than the snow, LOL maybe because when I push the dirt its always been warm out, LOL I picked up a blade for my Broadmoor this summer.. I have had several in the past but never kept it long enough to hook it up..My Wheel Horse was apart for repairs and I needed to move some dirt around, so I hooked up the blade to my 728 thinking it wont be able to do the job as good or fast..I was amazed at how well it did..so I can't wait to give it a try in the snow..I always seem to have traction problems with the blower mounted on it and thought the blade would be usless

Love those pics Mat. Keep um comeing. To me, finding out the capabilities of your equipment and playing is half the fun. I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results.

I had a surprise visit from Department of Transportation who offered part of a load of bluestone for my driveway after fixing the drainpipe in the neighbor's driveway. They dumped it from the truck, but it was about 6 inches thick. I put the blade on my 716H so that I could spread it out. I was very pleasantly surprised at how well that tractor and blade moved the driveway gravel. Yes it is a lot slower that what a larger machine would do, but much faster and easier than a shovel and rake. It is a strange thing. I don't pay much attention to the time it takes when I am in the seat of one of these tractors. I think I would use the tractor even if it took twice as long. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. The half hour it used to take to mow my front lawn with a Dynamark and later a Murray, now takes 10 minutes with my 713S and 48 inch deck, and produces a much better looking lawn.

There is no question a good lawn deck and a Simplicity will save you time cutting the lawn. (The old B112 is faster than the 6216.) I agree with you Rod when it comes to enjoying the driving the tractor to the point it might be easier to do with a rake and shovel; I call that "chipping away." I go bang around the yard and chip away at things. I am sure I'll do the same when I fix up my ol'loader too.