Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A tractor Afternoon

HubbardRA

Met D-17 Dave today. He stopped off in town between the Richmond race and the drive to NH for the next race. Becky and I picked him up and had lunch with him. Then we came back to our house and talked tractors all afternoon. Had a great time with Dave. Good guy, good conversation, good company. Just wish we could do this more often. It was time to take him back to the truck before I knew it. Man how time flies when you are enjoying the company. This first picture shows my son Randy, me, and Dave standing by the truck Dave is currently driving.

This next one was Dave showing Randy the inside of the truck.

Now that I know what to look for while I'm working I can keep my eyes open for that truck. Dave if you travel the MA PIKE to NH and I imagine you will I'll be watching.... I'll be driving a yellow truck with yellow lights....:p

Hey Dave, as your in New England, traveling these fine road ways:(! "take no offence Reed":D, Look out for a little service truck zipping down the road.:D [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/truck.jpg[/img] Elon

Rich, According to the explanation that Dave gave to me yesterday, that trailer houses the offices and some of the monitors for the TV production crew. It also carries most of the hand held cameras that are used in the pits during the race. It is a shared broadcast system for TNT and NBC, since they are sharing the broadcasting in the latter part of the NASCAR season. Early in the season when FOX was doing the broadcasting, this same trailer was used, but it had different decals on it. This trailer is one of, I think he said, 6 trailers that get set up together to produce the TV broadcast from the track back to the network. Dave can explain it better than I can. This is only a temporary job for Dave, he will be driving a different rig and have a different job next year after one of the other drivers retires. Right now, this trailer gets set up outside the track, and Dave is in charge of taking care of the Featherlite trailers outside the track, such as all of the vendor units that sell the T-shirts, etc. Next year he is supposed to be driving the Featherlite display trailer and servicing all of the trailers inside the pits. Yes, that means the car haulers used by the race teams. He says the main job is keeping the AC units running properly in those rigs. He said at the Fontana race with a 110 degree air temperature, they kept him pretty busy. Not too many problems at Richmond with the 70-80 degree temperatures. I answered this question because Dave said it may be a couple of days before he would have access to the net to get back on the site. He is driving from VA to NH today, about a 600 mi trip. Oh, by the way, the pictures do show everyone that the President, and Vice-President do get together for a conference once-in-a-while. Lets see, did we talk about this club any? I don't remember. ;):D

quote:
Originally posted by gregc
Hardly recognized Dave without the bibs. ;):D:D
Yep my thought as well. Great pictures Rod thanks for sharing them.

quote:
Originally posted by gregc
Hardly recognized Dave without the bibs. ;):D:D
Greg, I thought the bibs were a little "Over the top" for the likes of Nascar. LOL I still do some driveing in them for comfort but I leave the straps off for when I'm around those less fortunate to be educated enough to know how form functunal they really are. As for my routes, I skipped out on the big city's by running the Jersey pike, I-87,I-84 to I-90 and up I-495 and I-93 into Manchester. I found I'm close to several members and wish I had time to catch up with everyone. Rod, thanks for the kind words, I enjoyed showing the truck to Randy, I see you got my best side in that shot.lol Your right on the money about the office trailer. I'm pretty easy to spot now. It's takeing me some time to used to all the different things like the old marble buildings, the narrow streets, and all the accents[:0]:o):D I'll be around through the weekend and then still in this neck of the woods in Dover all next week. See ya'll at the races8D

quote:
Originally posted by Roy
Dave, Be sure to make an extra effort to git along with them thar Yankees. Take care,
Roy, I can say that even with any accent differences that I might encounter most everyone who knows I'm with Nascar usually lighten up on me with any attitude. I guess I'm lucky in that way that so many different walks of life of people enjoy something in such a common way they usually find a way to get along. Kind of like tractors;):)

Dave , You also came within 10 min of my house off I84 in CT as well !!! And Sean is about 1/2 hr off 84 as well in CT. Hope all is well sounds like a fun job you landed....how is that flail mower working for you?

Aaron, I haven't used it much other than to play a little. It needs some bearings and some serious serviceing as well as some cleaning and paint before I do much more with it. I can tell that I'm going to like it lol, if I get a chance to get home and use it that is. As it looks now it might be cold weather by the time I get home with some tractor time.

quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
by the time I get home with some tractor time.
Dave, there must be a place to put one tractor in that trailer. Just think how cool it would be to cruse around the pits on a Simp/Allis.:D Elon

quote:
Originally posted by ehertzfeld
quote:
by the time I get home with some tractor time.
Dave, there must be a place to put one tractor in that trailer. Just think how cool it would be to cruse around the pits on a Simp/Allis.:D Elon
It's not like that thought hasn't crossed my mind Elon. Maybe we could all gather and do some tailgateing under the SimpletrACtors banne. Maybe have some on display. Maybe get us an AGCO/Simplicity sponsered Chevy for next years run for the chase.lol

What an idea! A SimpleTrACtors get-together at every NASCAR race. Fly our banner, fix some burgers, drink a few cold ones. They have special tents set up by sponsors outside the track that you can only get into if you have an invitation. Maybe we could do that for SimpleTrACtors.8D^ Now if Dave can just set this up so that the get-together is in the infield, it would be perfect. Maybe we could even watch the race from the top of his trailer. :D

Well, they won't allow us to use the viewing platform on the top of the trailers any more. Seems it interfers with the camera's coverage at some tracks. :( As for setting up a display of tractors at the hosptality tents, I'm not sure they would go for that. We might start takeing too many of the viewers from the race.;):D BTW John, I've had that style of sunshades for several years now.8DThey are rather exspensive but they are my one luxury item. BTW, they go great with bibs.:o):D

On another note, I met up with Maynard at the NH speedway today. My having only the large tractor to get around in Maynard was kind enough to drive the distance to come see me. It was a real pleasure to finally meet him and have an afternoon to share some stories. The afternoon passed all to quickly and he had to return home. I can't say enough about Maynard. His smile brightened an otherwise overcast day. Thanks again Maynard for going to all the extra effort to catch up with me while I was close. Anyone having the chance to get out and visit some of our club members let me say this, never have I traveled across our country and met such a diverse group of people with such enthusiasm towards good fellowship with the common connection being these little tractors. Let me encourage everyone to get out more, enjoy our club in a face to face setting. And don't forget to include your younger members of the family when you can so they can see what it's like to interact with others away from school or the office so they can grow and continue sharing our passion.

quote:
On another note, I met up with Maynard at the NH speedway today. My having only the large tractor to get around in Maynard was kind enough to drive the distance to come see me. It was a real pleasure to finally meet him and have an afternoon to share some stories. The afternoon passed all to quickly and he had to return home. I can't say enough about Maynard. His smile brightened an otherwise overcast day. Thanks again Maynard for going to all the extra effort to catch up with me while I was close. Anyone having the chance to get out and visit some of our club members let me say this, never have I traveled across our country and met such a diverse group of people with such enthusiasm towards good fellowship with the common connection being these little tractors. Let me encourage everyone to get out more, enjoy our club in a face to face setting. And don't forget to include your younger members of the family when you can so they can see what it's like to interact with others away from school or the office so they can grow and continue sharing our passion.
I think that sums it all up! Nicely put Dave! Elon

quote:
So what about you Elon, am I gonna have to break down on the side of the road to meet up with you??[:0]:o)
Well that is one way!:D