Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
tractormike

I found a trailer load, tractor & 8 attachments

tractormike
I was at a local old time machinery show this last saturday with some of my tractors and a gentleman came up to me and asked if I would be interested in a simplicity tractor and a bunch of implements he had for it. I said I'd like to come look at them and made arrangements to go today. What I found was quite a surprise. Here are pictures of what I brought home. 1965 ? landlord, original light bar, engine is questionable, [img] /club2/attach/tractormike/IMG_2329.JPG [/img] [img] /club2/attach/tractormike/IMG_2330.JPG [/img] [img] /club2/attach/tractormike/IMG_2331.JPG [/img] [img] /club2/attach/tractormike/IMG_2340.JPG [/img] [img] /club2/attach/tractormike/IMG_2338.JPG [/img] [img] /club2/attach/tractormike/IMG_2337.JPG [/img] [img] /club2/attach/tractormike/IMG_2334.JPG [/img] [img] /club2/attach/tractormike/IMG_2336.JPG [/img] [img]/club2/attach/tractormike/IMG_2335.JPG [/img] [img] /club2/attach/tractormike/IMG_2333.JPG [/img] [img] /club2/attach/tractormike/IMG_2332.JPG [/img] [img] /club2/attach/tractormike/IMG_2339.JPG [/img] I quess it was my lucky day!

tmerideth
Gee Mike, it doesn't even have a power lift on it.^^^ Was there any attachment that was available that you did not get with this deal. If only I could find deals like this. Great deal you got there.

dirtsaver
Good haul Mike! As to a good deal,Here's my comparison. I paid $425 for my 67 3012V,not sure what it would take to get it running. It came with 2 sets of Simplicity wheel weights,front and rear counterweights,48" deck,32" tiller with 10" extension kit,10" breaking plow, 46"HD dozer blade,two piece cultivator set. When I got it home all it needed to get running was a carb and Fuel tank cleaning and a battery. So, with all you got I'd say that was one heck of a deal!

tractormike
All this stuff will go along with the sickle bar mower I picked up at the Hastings MN show. Once I copy the brinly style hitch I will have an attachment for each of my simplicity and allis tractors. The tractor fund is at $0.00 right now but I couldn't pass on this deal. For the sides of the vacuum cart top has anyone used those cheap tarps that you can get? I was wondering if they would hold up.

Robert Kehoe
i got a vac and my sides were gone also....I bought a sheet of 1/8 white marlite (like you might have put unside a shower stall). on the top, I put a 1 foot x 3 foot hole with wire mesh. Works great, looks great. Not factory, but I go for works, not orginal

Karl_Brandt
Looks like you got a great deal.;);) That is the most equipment I have ever seen with an old tractor. Most old tractors you buy only have one peice of equipment with them. Karl [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url]

D-17_Dave
quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Mighty fine score there, I likely would have toren my pocket off getting too my wallet with all them goodies included.
Marty, with all the deals you been gettin lately it's a wonder you have any pants with pockets left at all.;) Maybe you should start keeping your tractor funds in the care of the bunnies.:D

tractormike
I am just getting to the tractor to see what's up with the engine. The extra engine {9 horsepower} had some varnish in the sediment bowl and a little in the tank but it still fired up on the second pull of the rope. The engine in the tractor is a 13 horse power out of a montgomery wards tractor. It has no compression so I'm thinking the rod may be broken. I intend to keep this group of attachments together but I have some duplicates now so I may sell a couple of my other attachments. I figure this bunch has been together for 42 years or so and I would hate to breakup the set!!!