Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
portuncia

B-112 B&S Breather

portuncia
In my motor manual it says to pull the Breather and check the gap between the fiber disk and the casing. It says it shouldn't be any more than 0.045". It also says the two small holes at the top around the rim, approx. lets say 1/8" diameter, should not be covered. Well the last guy to pull it used perma gasket and covered these holes. I bought the right gasket, with holes, so these are uncovered now. My questions are, what do the two top holes do for the breather and I can't fit anything between the fiber disk and casing, if there is no gap does this mean the breather is in good condition.

BLT
First of all those two holes you refer are drain holes and should be turned down, otherwise it will start filling with oil. When the breather is clean and dry, you should be able to shake it and hear the disc rattle. No rattle replace it. If you can easily slide a .045 wire between the body and disc, it is also time for replacement.