Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Not orange, but FREE!

SimpleTom

This was just delivered to my house. Cost: FREE!! He also has the carb, coil and other parts that I will get tomorrow. Not sure if it runs and it looks like it needs some wiring replaced. I couldn't pass it up even though it is yellow. Tom

Those are the best, no photo ID required. With a little TLC it will turn out to be a keeper. You might have to go to the (*%$&&**%# Cadet site to get some advice but not to worry, we are not all Simplicity/A-C purists :o):o):o). It starts to grow on you and pretty soon an orphan shows up that you just can't pass up.:D:D:D

Some years ago my older brother gave the a 102 which looked very similar to the yours. Worst tractor I have owned. Nightmare to work on, mower scalped my yard terribly, floppy steering, spent half its time stuck when going around trees on my hillside, etc, etc. :(:(:(:( Don't know how they sell cubs much less get money for them. But, the good news, I sold it for $600 to a Cub collector. :):):)

Tom I'm not a big fan of Cub but you have one of the better ones,at least for tractor work. Like Roy says, the darn things really tear up a yard. Worst scalping mowers I've ever seen. As to hard to work on,I'll agree,but you don't have to do much repair if you maintain them. Wether you decide to keep it or put it up fo sale it is worth a few bucks.

Looks like it could be a good project for you. Free is always a good place to start. Most cubs I have had had play in the steering and they don't mow as well as a simplicity but they are a tough built tractor.

A buddy of mine picked up one of those a while back. A freebe but it had no attachments. I helped him get it running well and he picked up a snow blade and used it for a year then he moved up to Maine. There's a place up there that has lots of parts and attachments for these old Cubs. He bought a mower deck for it and he just loves the tractor. Best of luck with yours...

It was a good price. I like the gear drive 3 speeds better than the hydros for driving. Everyone is correct about their decks not being the best design. About 90% of the Cubs I've had needed work on the front clutches too.

I always thought it would be neat to fabricate an installation of a right dischrge Simplicity deck onto a Cub Cadet like this. Couldnt be that difficult for our clubs combined talent could it?