Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Which to get?

MarksA-C

In the past few days I've been offered alot of tractors. Thank you for those who did. Now I'm stuck on 2 tractors. A 101 (has been run in the last year)and a 3212 (hasnt been ran in 3 years). I need to know which one might be the better deal. There both the same price and the price is right. Which one has more options? Also, which on is easyer to work on? Thank you. MarksA-C

If it was me then I would choose both, LOL That would solve that problem very easy.. I am partial to the round hood tractors so I would get the 101..They also turn sharper for mowing in tight spots..I think either will handle most jobs about the same though..I guess its what one will make you smile the biggest

Same here, I'd choose both...provided my budget could take the abuse. ;) Of course I already have trouble explaining to the better half why I need 2 tractors to care for little over an acre. I even tried the one-tractor-per-attachment ploy...no sale. :p Choose whichever one you like the best...if you must choose that is.

quote:
Of course I already have trouble explaining to the better half why I need 2 tractors to care for little over an acre.
Try explaining three for a 53x150 lot![:0]:D

try mowing 5 acres in one day with a 2112 that has a 42" deck. I have 2 others. a 3212h that doesn't run (needs points and condensor) and a 4212 (which is the ugliest simplicity ever made, 38" deck, and cuts like crap). It all depends on what your using the tractor for. the 3212 is bigger and stronger. If its for small jobs or a resto go with the 101 (I agree they look cooler). Also if the 3212is a hydro make sure that the hydro unit isn't leaky.

The 101 will steer tighter circles but the 3212 can be slowed down enough to rototill with without having to change pulleys on the tranny. I believe the shift cover comes off indeopendantly on the 101 to servoce the driveshaft coupler while the 3212 requires complete removal of the entire dash assembly. You can put a 48" deck under the 3212 while the 101 is limited to a 42". You can rope start a 101 if the batery dies , you cant on a 3212.

I have 1/3 acre and four tractors, but still haven't reached the one tractor per attachment goal. Becky is very understanding. She knows that if I am messing with a tractor, then I am not hanging out in bars and chasing other women. I told her I could be faithful to one woman, but not one tractor. When it comes to tractors, I just can't help being promiscuous.

I am still sticking with the 101 now. My 610 is still a work in progress, but it will be done by this winter and have my snowblower attached. I am getting a 36inch? deck from Skot71 and I already know that it will fit the 101. So 2 tractors for a small, West Allis Lot. Its like 1/6 acre yard, its small.

I'm with Rod. I'm not out messing around when I'm with my tractors. My wife is very supportive. She has even found a couple of tractors for me. I am blessed. I am having some success with the one tractor per attachment thing, but I never dreamed there could be so many attachments.

Very good post hubb, my sentiments exactly! Im lucky, I have 3 acres with a 1 acre woods to hide all the stuff in.The wife likes that alot,,