Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Electric clutch

D Burdette

Hello I have a Simplicity 14GTG the clutch Is not the right one it is some odd ball. trying to find the right one. This one when bolted on is to high that the belt keeps jumping the belt off. And what cutting blades would be good for this mower. Cant mow if the grass is high all it want to do is plug or if it is even a little damp. need some help here thanks david

Welcome to the club David. (sounds funny saying that)lol, There are some preliminary questions I'll ask so were on the same page. Do you have or have you downloaded the manuals and checked the part #'s and confirmed it to be the wrong clutch? There are lots of things that could be causeing the belt problems like an incorrect belt, bad/wrong idlers, the deck supports out of adjustment. There are a long list things as well as the incorect clutch as you suspect that could cause your problems. But confirming the part #'s will help us to identify and source your correct clutch. You can always find an OEM at any Simplicity dealer and any of our fine sponsers advertiseing on the front page.

HELLO, Dave Whats really makes me think its is the clutch there is a home made bracket the hole was drilled and you can see he he had to redrill it. Then their is only about a inch in the clutch and it wobbles so I made a shorter bushing then the belt started jumping off. But were do I find the part diagram. I'm new to this. But any help would be great :D Thanks Dave

On the opening page there is a short cut to the simplicity technical publications site. By entering in the manufacturers # off your tractors data tag you can access your models manuals. Also spend some time purusing the site. There is a ton of data on various models and a lot of very helpfull info in general. Enjoy and good luck. It sounds as if your on the correct approach to your problem. I'm sure you'll find what you need.