Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hitch (All Finished)(Thank you for your help!)

MarksA-C

I have had a 32inch? snowblower for my 610 for a while now. It has a hitch but I dont know if it is the right one. Mine only has a single pully centered near the end furthest away from the Snowblower. From What I can see in manuals for the Simplicity 5010 is that I need a V-style. Is there a way I can make the hitch I have work without having to buy a stock one? Or is there anyone who has one? The hitch I would like is... MFG.NO.1690034 32" Rotary snowthrower hitch.

Mark, If you do find the correct one for your snowblower would you be willing to sell the one you have? I have a Snowblower without the hitch and the one you have is the one I need. If I'm correct the pulley is mounted hozizontally? Tom by the way, I work all over the Milwaukee and southeastern WI area and my shop is located just north of West Allis.

I will be willing to sell it, but first I need to find one for my snowblower. I dontknow why the man included this snowblower with it, But I have made plans for this winter to snowblow a couple homes and a Apartments parking lot. So getting the right hitch is more along the need than want.

Well I am not 100% sure but I think the older style hitch is what you need to make it work..I know I have seen the 5010 tractors with what appered to me to be the old style hitch..I have a blower for my 728 & 717 that I use but have never mounted it to my 5010LTD..I actually think the hitch you see was made for the newer 4000 and 5000 series tractors...I have seen some of confusion between the newer 5000 series and the early 5000 series...newer ones was (in my opinion) a lighter weight tractor with more hp motors and larger mower decks..such as a 5116 ect..I have seen alot of these tractors with what I belive was the older style hitch used on them.. Maybe some one knows more than I but I am sure the hitch you have is what you want..Maybe I will mount up my blower from the 728 to my 5010 just to be 100% sure, LOL

Mark when looking for a hitch you need to find the hitch for the tractor not for the blower Most of the blowers are the same any of the hitches will fit. It is the tractors that are different. There are basically 3 styles of belt driven blowers. 1. The old style 3 belt blower, Used on the first 700/725 and B1 2. The replacement 1 belt blower with a 5" driven pulley used on the 1960's and early 70's tractors 3. The new style 1 belt blower with a 7" driven pulley used on the mid 70's tractors The large frame tractors used 3 styles of hitches 1. Two pulley hitch with built in clutch used on 1960's to early 70's tractors with the PTO shaft out thu the grill. 2. Two pulley hitch with a belt tensioner & clutch on the front of engine used with the mid 70's tractors 3300 3400 7000, series Simplicity and 700 series Allis Chalmers. 3. One pulley hitch driven off from the center cone clutch PTO used on the 7100, sovereign series and 900 series Allis Chalmers

The small frame tractors with the vertical shaft engines used a different style of hitch This is the hitch for the 4000, 5000, 6000 seriestractors Correction I got in a hurry when i posted this. This hitch is for the Broadmoor series, Broadmoor 6hp, 707, 717, 727, 728 738, 308 5000 & yoeman series

All of these hitches will work with all of the blowers but not with all of the tractors.

UCD, Thanks for the above illustrations... very helpful. I have a blower for my 1965 era. Landlord that runs off of the front of the crankshaft. This is pictured in one of your illustrations. I have never hooked this up before, but Id like to use it this winter. I will need to get a pulley that fits on the crankshaft but I dont know what size to get? Do you know the belt size for this, or know where I could look it up at? Thanks much, Ryan

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
This is the hitch for the 4000, 5000, 6000 series tractors [img]/club2//attach/UCD/32inBlowerHitch5010.jpg[/img] All of these hitches will work with all of the blowers but not with all of the tractors.
Maynard, I think that the pictured hitch above is the one Mark needs for his 610 AC tractor. It is for the early Broadmoor and Yeoman style tractors including the System 5008 and 5010 and for the Allis equivalents. The later 4000, 5000 and 6000 series small frame tractors used the hitch style pictured below:

I am sure Greg is correct as I have a 6216 with a blower. This one for the 5010 is what he has because it only has the one pulley. I do not know why it wouldn't work with a 610? [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2//attach/UCD/32inBlowerHitch5010.jpg[/img]

Humm, The ilistratons help alot. That hitch picture right obove my post here is like the one I have. Now I see how the belts are supposed to go. I'll try it out later and post whats happenin'.

The small frame tractors with the vertical shaft engines used a different style of hitch This is the hitch for the 4000, 5000, 6000 seriestractors Correction I got in a hurry to get out the door to meet D-17 Dave when I posted this. Sorry for the confusion. This hitch is for the Broadmoor/Yeoman series, Broadmoor 6hp, 707, 717, 727, 728 738, 308 5000 & 608, 610 Allis. This is the hitch Mark needs for his 610

This the hitch for the newer style 4000, 5000/600 Allis, 6000/800 Allis series. [img]/club2/attach/gregc/456snowhitch.jpg][/img] All of these hitches will work with all of the blowers but not with all of the tractors.

Ok, thank you all for the info. I have the right hitch, I've had it all along. I have to kick myself for that one. No that I have the Diagram to run the belts, I'm set. Just need to fix my rear rims, add the tire chains, Run my Light (Old Bike Light) and start making my custom cab. I also have a light for it. Its one of those highway RoadConsruction sign lights. Thats a different story. But Thank you all for helping.

quote:
Originally posted by MarksA-C
I have the right hitch, I've had it all along.
Wouldn't it be wourth it now to download the manuals for your tractor and attachments for future reference and maint. Just in case your like me and forget how to hook up something.

What I did was copy the pictures from the posts above and saved them. I cant download anything, my dad added a Anit-Download thing on my computer. Well, It works. I thank you all for helping.