Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Vinnie_A

SIM. 6 HP Broadmoor HI LO HELP

Vinnie_A
I am having trouble shifting the HI LO unit. Are there adjustments that could be made or does it need lubrication or is there some other problem? Sometimes it will engage and when it does it is very difficult. I have a hill with a 10% grade and can not make it up with the mower engaged unless I am in the Lo speed, is this normal or is the tractor getting tired? I just found the original bill of sale for this 6 HP broadmoor with mower and snowblower included dated 10/12/66 total price $758.00 plus $15.16 sales tax. Thanks in advance for your help.

Tom_Byrne
I had a 707 Broadmoor with the hi/lo, and it gave me trouble too. My problem was getting it into low, then it would slip out or just slip. I suffer from CRS so I don't remember all the details, but I do remember trying to repair it and the unit is nothing like the large frame hi/lo units. I just remember it being a real pain to try to fix, so I rigged it up so it would just be in high and left it that way.