Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Finally after 2 years

Al

Hi, About 1 1/2 years ago, I checked with a friend at Briggs about a flywheel remagnetization. I then had a customer from about 150 miles away send in the flywheel. Briggs lost it and he didn't get it back. I called my friend and asked him about it. He said they searched and couldn't find it. He said he would look around and see if he could find it or a replacement for him. Anyway he never got it back, and I called my friend and he said he thought he had found it and sent it to me. I looked and looked and I couldn't find it. This week a guy came in and asked about a 19 cu in short block. I said I think I have one. I went upstairs and there was a Briggs short block box. I carried it down and there was no part number on it. I said I don't know if that is a 19 or 25 cu in block. It is strange it is still sealed and no part number on it. I opened it and low and behold, the 19 c u in flywheel. Mystery finally solved. This and a buck will get you a cup of coffee, but another old tractor will be reborn. Al Eden

All's well that ends well! 1) When you picked the box up, didn't it seem light for a block? 2) And since his tractor sat for two years, you can sell him a battery and a carb rebuild kit:D

Hi, I didn't touch the box before, we have 6 employees and other people check in the stuff when UPS drops. Since there was no invoice, it apparently sat until someone put it in the area where the short blocks would be stored. This person has been restoring other units and this is for a spare engine. Al

Gee Al, we only have two parts guys and ONLY those two check in stock and we still lose track of things once in a while. Our real nightmare is "whole goods". Any one of about eight of us might unload a truck,depending on if the setup/warehouse guy is around or not. So far we've never lost units but there have been a few times when the invoice and the shipment didn't match and the person unloading the truck missed it. Thankfully the distributor and trucking company made things right.

• 4 months later...
Hi, You may be correct, and MAYBE???? it was you that put it away when you worked for me. Not accusing you, amyway all is well that ends well. Al To the rest of you, Andy started working for me when he turned 16 and was in high school. Sent him to a lot of schools, and he was a very qucik study good wrench and very good with people. Was sad to lose him to college, but that is part of the life cycle. Al

Haha- It probably was me that put it away... Joann made me do it!! *points finger* Thanks for the kind words, I miss working for you- Andy