Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Big Ten progress

dorise

I will attempt to get a pic of my progress. I doubt if I will get the rest of the parts all done this year as weather in Pa. may not co-operate with me. You can see I do have a wooden floor rather than the old dirt one too.

I'm sure that's going to be one nice Big Ten when you're done.8D With all the work you're putting into it the question is.. will you put it to work or just park it in the living room?:D

Thanks for the nice remarks. I used MDB's article to help me make my choice. I found out after I had purchased the paint that the color was for later models. Probably no Blue Ribbons as the color is not exactly right. I will probably only use it in local parades and etc. The paint is Martin Senour Crossfire Acrylic. Not being a professional painter more paint was used than expected. This tractor is fully retired from work. I would put it in my living room if the room was large enough. It was my father's and has done a lot of work. I have the original tiller and sickle bar mower too. The rotary mower is beyond repair. I have enjoyed this job as it brings lots of memories to mind. My plans are to use new hardware and assemble carefully. Wish me luck when I get this far. I have the parts book and a B10 that is intact yet for reference too. One of the best reference places I have available to me is a bunch of knowledgeable guys at www.simpletractors.com

Looking good Dorise. At this point in time, can anybody really tell if a color is off a little bit? Anything with the original color is fadded anyway. If you lined up half a dozen originals side by side, I expect they would all look a bit different from their exposure to the elements.