Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

before and after

SimpleTom

Okay, I finally got to painting the stripes on the hood and put the original seat on with a new seat cover. I am currently working on making decals. Tom

Great job on the restoration! WOW Its pretty neat to see the before and after pictures.... amazing. Question for you. The chrome front bumper, was that a new one or were you able to clean up the one shown in the "before" pic? If so how did you clean it up so nice? What cleaning products/techniques did you use? Ryan

Looks great I just did one last year that turned out pretty decent These are fun little machines and inexpencive to keep. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.Are you having your decals made some where/If so I might be interested in some.Ineed afew sets for the tractors I have, Thanks

Thanks for the compliments. I think I might have outdid it also as I am afraid to use it and scratch it. LOL!
quote:
Question for you. The chrome front bumper, was that a new one or were you able to clean up the one shown in the "before" pic? If so how did you clean it up so nice? What cleaning products/techniques did you use?
Ryan, That is the same front bumper. I used very fine steel wool with chrome polish and then after just a rag with the chrome polish. Works great!
quote:
Are you having your decals made some where/If so I might be interested in some.Ineed afew sets for the tractors I have, Thanks
I am going to try using one of my art programs and my printer with special clear decal paper. I'll let you know how they turn out. Tom