Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MarksA-C

My First Deal, Or was it? (Tell Me what you think)

MarksA-C
Over the past few days, I've been doing some rummage and estate sale searching. I found one guy around 5 miles away from me that had a HUGE rummage. He had lots of stuff but what caught my eye was a seed/fetilizer spreder. I was a tow-behind that had been added with a pole to be a push style. It was marked $10, He gave it to me for 75 Cents! Its a Wards Garden Marks? Or something like that. Needs work. I might have to replace alomost ever bolt, There all Rusted!The wheels (solid rubber) also had screws in them, mabey for extra traction during winter laying salt or sand?? It has a sticker that tells you what setting to have it at and everything. I plan on giving it a rattle can paint job and a load of salt/sand for this winter. How do you think I did?

Ketchamized
MarksA-C, For .75, you got yourself a great deal. :) If you wanted the new bolts to last a while and not rust, you should go for stainless steel bolts. They'll be a little bit more expensive, but it'll last a lifetime. Congratulations on your excellent deal.