Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I have a problem...problem solved..update

plastikosmd

well as you all know i sold my b12 loader to downsize to just the kubota b7100, one b12, and the crawler. that is really all i need, and im kinda attached to the b12 as it was my first..but sadly it has just been replaced, and now will be a spare machine in case something happens to my "new" b12. yes another b12. these things just follow me home. i have never even seen a b1 or b10 for sale up close, yet the b12, more rare, i am on my third. so items that was looking for was a chipper, rear weight, hydro, hi-low and a 46" dirt/snow plow, maybe a grader someday..and this came along.... b12 tractor. runs like a top, engine with new points, condenser, and mag. fresh paint on motor, working amp meter (never had one of them) lights (aftermarket)chains, rear weight, a few cast iron pulleys for front pto, bottom pto and mower deck with new bearings, hydro lift, hi-low, wheel weights (rear), 46 inch dirt /snow blade, and (two) shredder-grinders, with rear pto for item. extra set of narrow front rims, box of spare parts, 2 regulators, bearings, steering bushings, rear slip diff, manuals for shredders, and some other manuals that i didnt have a chance to read and list goes on price was about 600 bucks. now, with the way this one runs i will probably keep my other b12 for parts (as i sold my other parts machine with loader.) and of course, livin away from home for this year, i will be drivin around with this in my truck for the next two weeks, until i get back home. this will allow me time to break it to my wife. scott

What an incredible haul!! Man you seem to have a golden touch finding these 12's. Side note, try resizeing your pics to 480X540. This will allow the page to come up without schrolling sideways.

will give it a try on the re-size, thanks dave. yea i dunno why i seem to only find these, but they are my favorite. my plan was to go there and buy it, plan to take it apart etc. but then i drove it around his yard and to my truck and i realized it ran as good if not better than my "original" so will keep the other for parts, paint this one up, will be less work as i can just exchange some of the tin from the other. the hi low on low is a real creep, very nice and the hydrolift really sold me, dropped the deck, floated it..now will never look back...maybe i will start mowing my own lawn again next year...laugh scott

Nice find! I have a B-12 with hydro lift also and I sure like mine. Good deal with all the attachments that you were looking for:)

yea followed me home...first i was talkin then came to..in my truck, looked back and saw the tractor, tried to shake it off..but someone used straps....least that is what im tellin the wife....seriously you guys dont know the half of it....we held a tag sale few weekends back...was doin great, gettin rid of stuff i didnt need...then one buyer mentions that he has an old lathe i should look at....made 200 at tag sale then spent 600 and a net gain of another lathe (my third) 250lb anvil, 400lb ironworker, blacksmith vise etc...sigh..wife was less than pleased. scott

no chipper, came with 2 shredder grinders....good for leaves and stuff i guess..may convert one to a chipper/shredder..prob just add side port and flywheel..once i find the manual for chipper models so i can see parts breakdown..cant be that different. port/flywheel with cutters on it. will see scott

Scott It is not easy to convert to a Chipper shredder The shaft sizes are different as well as the bearings Rob-B was going t convert one but gave up after contacting McKissic.

thanks UCD for the input...i can do shafting and pillowblock changes pretty easy with my shop access..so i guess McK. is still in business..that is good to hear. will try to find them and get a parts breakdown. if too much, or to mangling to the other shredder will just sell it i guess. addendum..well found parts breakdown..doesnt look bad...just cant tell how main hopper with knives connect with disk from chipper...cant tell in drawings if, behind the chip rotor is just open to the area where the knives are or not, entailing separate output hopper. http://www.mackissic.com/partsbreakdown.htm

dont think i can afford to clean house again..dont have the room for the new stuff that quickly follows the cleanin. i must have build my house on a large magnet...attracts all sorts of rusty metal. scott

Scott: I know what you mean about those "B-12's". I had a Big Ten I bought in 1980, three years later I came across a 9020, I no longer needed the Big 10 so I sold it, after a few years I regreted selling it. Fast forward to 1996, I walked into a mower repair shop and there sat a B-12. The B-12 was a hydraulic that had been change to a manual lift and had an after market seat, it was a non runner missing carb and air cleaner but it was a real B-12. I bought it for $75. I have a 2012 to use as a donner for the lift and carb but still need a B-12 seat! So if your B-12 alarm goes off again keep me in mind for a seat!!!

quote:
Originally posted by 4xbill
Is the B12 the same as the Simp 2012 or is it the B112?
The 2012 was the Simplicity match to a B-12. Thing is Simplicity still used the pan style seat and it's very uncomfortable for my skinny rear end. So in reality except for the 12HP engine, the 2010's, 2012's are the same as the older 101's. The B-12's used that nicer high-rise seat. All rounded hoods. They all went to the flat hoods after the B-12's and 2012's. Good job on the resizeing. That's much easier to see what all you have. Man that grill and chrome looks perfect. And finding a fully loaded B-12 with H. lift and Hi-Low is unhead of down here near me.

Hey Scott, if you have an extra pto set up for those shredders, I'll buy one off ya. I got my hitch made but didn't try making a pto. Are you going to try to make the Cholchester show? Elon

isnt there something different with the front axle spindles too? a bit bigger..? cant remember if a read that somewhere on the site. good eyes on the chrome..it is perfect. kinda torn what to do on the paint...the others i "had" to paint as they were in such poor condition. this one the owner wanted to "keep original" but of course he did paint the motor when he had it out for the new mag. well we will see as it is still in the back of my truck! scott

The front tires were wide on the 12's There were some axle changes made but that was a model change back around the Big Ten/late B-10 series and was carried over.I think. If your stuck on the paint and it continues to be a problem call me. I'll take the whole thing off your truck so you won't be loseing any more sleep over it.lol

wow, now i know why i love this site. so many kind offers to make my "problems" go away! dont know if im gonna make the colchester show. regarding hitches, there was one on the tractor, and maybe a complete one in the pile of pulleys etc that he inclulded. will let you know. the weights are not the same as my other B12, they are more of a complete center weight, no opening. would have imagined that my other ones are heavier. when i get them off i will look. thanks for all the kind words, and gestures of me giving you my stuff..:) scott

well def. a keeper. runs better than anything i own...was in the back of the truck for a week or so...rolled it out at home, opened the fuel shutoff, and crank and she fired, i dont think it made more than 2 revolutions. better than my diesel or the other b12. scott

well never say never...dont own it anymore...sigh..will miss it but fastpaul is the new owner...so standby for pictures...hope he enjoys it as much as i did...driving it that 8 or so feet on and off the truck. but on the plus side i am now the happy new owner of a Quadractor. what fun...what fun...gotta go see if i can get it stuck...doesnt appear so at present time! scott

I,m a plain old tractor nut so I must say I think Paul made out on this deal. On the up side his Homelite looks available now. Gotta go deal.

im sort of a "unique" nut. keeps me from gettin bored, i found with 2 b12s, i could only ride one..sigh..and wife not interested! so kept one, and now with 2 seats..and a lot of mud can have some "family" fun. least until the next trade! scott